Monday, July 30, 2012

Slow cooker chicken, please

Yesterday was exactly 3 weeks being 100% paleo! I was extremely proud of myself and woke up excited to jump on the scale and see if I had lost anymore weight. At my previous weigh in last Sunday I lost 5 lbs. and inches. I was stoked! This time I lost another 3 lbs. Total= 8 lbs and inches all around in 3 weeks. I'm really happy with how this is coming along. I'm guessing by September I will be at a really good place. At that point I want to start working out pretty hard core and getting into really really good shape.

So I was in a really good mood yesterday because of the results and decided I'd go shopping and pick up some good stuff for the week. I came home with a bunch of flank steak, chicken breasts, and lots of greens and veggies. I got a 4 pack of chicken breasts for a really good cost and decided I'd make a good slow cooker chicken and enjoy it for a couple of days. 



Put your crockpot on high and start prepping the other ingredients. 

 Start with the spices. 

1 1/4 tsp cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper 

Put them all together and save them for later


Chop up a whole medium onion, 4 cloves of 
garlic, a small jalapeno chopped, and grab some cilantro. I didn't measure I just know I LOVE cilantro and grabbed a bunch.


Grab a lemon, a lime, and some vegetable or chicken broth. I went with veggie broth for this one. Juice the lemon and lime and set aside.

 
Start your onions and garlic in a pan for about 5 minutes.









 Grab your chicken (4 breasts) and add some salt and pepper. Put them in the crock pot.


 Once you've had the onions and garlic cooking - add the spices. Let them cook with the onions for about 2 minutes. You'll start to smell the goodness about now...







De glaze the pan with the veggie broth






 Add in all the goods. Start with the lemon and lime juice. Add in the jalapeno and cilantro. Finally throw on that load of goodness (onions and spice mix) Cover this and leave on high for about an hour. Then turn to low for about 4-5 hours.
  Once you are able to break it all up with a fork its done. It's DELICIOUS. Has a spicy but not too spicy flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment